Position as: Accounts Assistant,
The account assistant’s job is to provide assistance to the financial manager. Tasks include generating pro-forma (quotations), mobilization lists, and invoices. Following up on accounts receivable, managing staff imprests, maintaining the accounts source documentation filing system, petty cash management, and providing assistance in VAT preparation will also be part of the duties.
The accounts assistant closely collaborates with our stores and procurement team and will answer directly to the power providers’ financial manager. Visits to different institutions in Arusha will be part of the job.
- To generate quotations (proforma invoices) for Power Providers clients in collaboration with the systems design and stores departments.
- Preparing the documents for payments.
- To generate invoices from original pro forma invoices cross referencing with installation stores reports and placing serial numbers where required.
- To Prepare, check, verify and dispatch fiscalised invoices to clients.
- To conduct regular follow up on outstanding Accounts Receivable.
- To maintain a petty cash account and associated accounts postings.
- To issue and manage staff imprests and associated posting.
- To provide weekly and monthly reports on petty cash expenditure by categories.
- To provide weekly and monthly reports on staff imprests, and highlight those long due for retirement.
- Resolve all the customers’ queries.
- Deposit cheques/cash to the bank.
- Withdrawing petty cash from the bank.
- Maintain accounts source documentation filing system.
- To assist Accounts Manager in Preparing Vat
- To assist the Finance Manager in preparation of accounts for External Auditing.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager the status of debtors weekly.
- Any other duties as assigned by Finance Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all main components of the Quickbooks accounting package
- 3+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting in Renewable energy industry
- Be honest and able to exercise confidentiality.
- Knowledge of G-Suite packages.
- Good communication/presentation skills.
- Familiarity with accounting standards (IFRS and IAS).
- Analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to details and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines..
- Motivated, positive attitude towards work.
- All Candidates should fill in this google form
- Applicants who send emails will not be considered.
- The applications should be submitted before the 26th of April 2023.