Power Providers is currently looking for a Design Engineer to strengthen our technical team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The Design Engineer reports to the Managing Director and works closely with our sales and technical teams. As a Design Engineer you will be expected to design solar power systems for our clients, both DC and AC coupled. Training is available for the right person if needed. It is expected that you will first focus on the design of solar power systems and subsequently go into generator, solar water pumping and solar water heating system design.
Power Providers is looking for a Design Engineer with the following qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar with good grades
- Between 2 and 3 years work experience
- An expressed interest and preferably experience in at least 2 of the following fields
- Solar power systems
- Generator installation & maintenance
- Solar water pumping
- Solar water heating
- Experience with solar design software an advantage
- Ability to apply concentrated and precise focus to your work
- Excellent computer skills including a good knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word
- Good spoken and written English
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- an opportunity for specialist training as required
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/rFNGF9ZMTzhbB9NF3
- 2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for Design Engineer”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is October 31st 2018 at 09:00am. Interviews will be scheduled the following week. The anticipated start date lays in November.