Power Providers is currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join our team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy-specific market niche. With fifteen years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products, and a well-established support structure, we are well-positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employ skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The Senior Technical Manager will lead our design and installation teams as well as supporting our sales team. As a Senior Technical Manager, you will engage with our potential clients on technical issues and provide oversight for all technical issues in the company. Your focus will be on our larger power systems and you will be expected to have an in-depth technical knowledge of all the renewable energy systems that we deploy.
The Senior Technical Manager reports to the Managing Director and works together with other line managers in order to ensure seamless coordination of company processes from a technical perspective. As a Senior Technical Manager, you will be expected to already have a thorough understanding of the design and technical details required for the installation of a broad range of renewable energy systems..
Power Providers is looking for a Senior Technical Manager with in depth, hands on experience in the design and installation of off-grid solar power systems and at least the following qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in the design and installation of commercial-scale off-grid solar power systems
- At least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Working experience in a range of renewable energy solutions preferred
- Able to report digitally in a structured, disciplined and timely manner
- A driving license
- Proven experience in at least 2 of the following fields
- Generator installation & maintenance
- Solar water pumping
- Solar water heating – both thermosyphon and PV.
- Battery back/UPS Systems
- Experience with solar design software
- An ability to work precisely, quickly, and with focus
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word
- Good spoken and written English
The package which Power Providers offer includes:
- a salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- working in an enthusiastic, driven, and inspiring work environment
- lunch and medical cover
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHp9_xzbTxWbuASQAAI5dqVzWfnddMkQws1IAL8vdooHw76w/viewform
- 2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application Senior Technical Manager”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Please note that:
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications that are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Professional certificates, certificates of service, and references should be available upon request
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is April 30 2022 Interviews will be scheduled in the following weeks.