Power Providers is currently looking for a Technical Manager to strengthen our Management and technical team
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over twelve years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
Terms of Reference for Technical Manager:
These terms of reference will serve to act as a guide to the role of Technical Manager. The Technical Manager is required to take a flexible approach to the development of their role– so as to ensure role effectiveness and appropriate job satisfaction. The Technical Manager should liaise and consult freely with all staff so as to accurately identify all company operations management requirements.
Applicant has to have:
- Proven technical exposure to and fluency with all aspects of solar power, solar water pumping, solar water heating systems and generators
- Proven experience in management oversight in an operational environment where technical support is required
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in both English and Swahili
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in technical report writing in English
The Technical Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing Company Operational requirements. To include:
- Use of company vehicles:
- Management overview and tracking of daily technician activities in coordination with the Managing Director, the Accountant, the Stores Manager, the System Design Engineer and the Lead Technician.
- Provide technical support to field teams, internal technical issues and clients
- Client Liaison.
- Repairs monitoring & Tracking
- Fabrication Monitoring and Tracking
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/rFNGF9ZMTzhbB9NF3
- 2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for Technical Manager”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- Applications from foreigners are also invited
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is July 24th 2019. Interviews will be scheduled the following week.