Power Providers is currently looking for several (Trainee) Solar Technicians to strengthen our technical team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The (Trainee) Solar Technician is part of our technical team going out to site for our installations. You ensure the systems are installed at the premises of our clients in accordance with the design, sometimes you travel to site for call-outs, maintenance or site surveys. You always ensure you install quality, reliable systems and provide great service to our clients. After returning from site you ensure you write up the reports and prepare yourself for the next installation.
Power Providers is looking for a (Trainee) Solar Technician with at least the following qualifications:
- A diploma/bachelor in engineering or equivalent experience
- Able to report digitally in a structured and timely manner
- Being able to stay professional at all times even under high stress
- Good customer service and responsiveness
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word
- Good spoken and written English
People with the following qualifications get bonus points:
- Experience/training in one or more of the following fields:
- Solar power systems
- Generator installation & maintenance
- Solar water pumping
- Solar water heating
- A driver license
- Experience with/knowledge of best safety practises
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- a training program combined with on the job learning
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
- lunch and medical cover
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/qhvYpYcpbeJSeVFm1
- 2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for (Trainee) Solar Technician”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is Monday May 1st 2017 at 09:00. Interviews will be scheduled the following weeks.