Employment Opportunity – Technical Manager
Power Providers is currently looking for a Technical Manager to lead and strengthen our technical team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The Technical Manager leads the Technical Team and reports directly to the Managing Director. The Technical Manager manages the planning, scheduling and execution of all projects in full cooperation with his/her colleagues. The Technical Manager is expected to meet or exceed the client project design and implementation targets and to champion department efficiency and accuracy, and to be a role model for Power Providers core values. In this capacity, the employee will be responsible for oversight and training of technicians, fabricators and mechanics.
Power Providers is looking for a Technical Manager with at least the following qualifications:
- Extensive experience in managing a technical department/team
- More than 5 years work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least 2 of the following fields
- Solar power systems
- Generator installation & maintenance
- Solar water pumping
- Solar water heating
- A relevant diploma in your field of expertise
- Able to report digitally in a structured and timely manner
- Good knowledge of best safety practises
- Being able to stay professional at all times even under high stress
- Good customer service and responsiveness
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word
- Good spoken and written English
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- a training program combined with on the job learning in the first 4 weeks
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/P2IQ0aNN4QV5CQ4D3
- 2) Send an email to email@example.com with subject “Application for Technical Manager”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- All candidates who fill out the application form will receive a response
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is August 15th 2017, however, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.