Employment Opportunity – Trainee Design Engineer
Power Providers is currently looking for a Trainee Design Engineer to strengthen our technical team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The Trainee Design Engineer reports to the Technical Manager and has a lot of contact with the Account Manager. As a Trainee Design Engineer you will be trained to design power systems for our clients. It is expected that you will first master the design of solar power systems and subsequently go into generator, solar water pumping and solar water heating system design.
Power Providers is looking for a Trainee Design Engineer with at least the following qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar with good grades
- Between 0 and 3 years work experience
- An expressed interest and preferably experience in at least 2 of the following fields
- Solar power systems
- Generator installation & maintenance
- Solar water pumping
- Solar water heating
- Experience with solar design software an advantage
- Ability to work concentrated and precise
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word
- Good spoken and written English
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- a 2-year long on-the-job training program
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their application by completing the following two steps:
- 1) Fill out the application form which is accessible by clicking on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/rFNGF9ZMTzhbB9NF3
- 2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for Trainee Design Engineer”. In your email please attach:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references
Please note that:
- Due to the high number of expected applicants we will only notify shortlisted candidates
- Applications which are sent by regular mail (post) will not be considered
- Applicants who only sent an e-mail (and did not fill out the application form) will not be considered
The deadline for submission is August 8th 2016 at 12:00. Interviews will be scheduled the following week. The anticipated start date lays in September.